Monday, May 16, 2016

Enjoying the Journey

I love road trips.  I mean really, I LOVE road trips.  We recently went on a quick Mother's Day trip to Waco.  My hubby is so sweet and said that I could choose everything we did.  Which, obviously, included Magnolia Market on the first day.  Because like many of you, I'm addicted to Fixer Upper and Joanna Gaines is my design guru.

To get there from where we live, we go a tad bit out of the way to travel down one of my favorite drives in all of Texas.  It is gorgeous hills, plains, farms, livestock, wildlife, quarries and big skies.  My heart skips a beat just thinking about God's majesty on that road.

I was talking to the hubby as we drove and told him how much I love to take these trips.  A lot of the reason being the drive.  The journey to our destination and not necessarily the destination itself. It hit me how much I don't have that same feeling in my every day life.

If every day is a part of our journey, then we should stop to enjoy it.  Right?

I know realistically we are all human as none of us enjoy suffering, delays, pain, but hear me out.  If I would have stopped more over the past two years and said thank you for what God had given me, EVEN the trials, I think I would have been able to enjoy the journey a little more.

When I see the mountain of clothes that need to be folded and put away, thank You God we have clothes to wear.  When I see the dirty dishes in the sink, thank You God for food to eat.  You get my point.

I spent so much time grumbling.  And I know I will grumble again because it's sin nature.  But I pray that I can take these aha moments and remind myself to enjoy where God has me. I hope to have less time wasted and more time praising, even in storms to come.  

God has given us a fountain of joy that we can tap into at any time.  We have to choose it!

Zoe hula hooping at the Silos.

My Magnolia Market finds.

The girls relaxing at the hotel.

First trip to In N' Out Burger! DELICIOUS!

Amelia enjoying the ride.


Last day at Homestead Heritage.  Is there any place more serene?

Praying each of you enjoys your journey today.  Right where God has you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment